Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thursday Thirteen


So it's 4 am on a Thursday morning (I have the day off, thank goodness) and I'm awake. I've been up since 1:15, since I went to bed insanely early - 9 pm. Blame the cushy new bed for that. But now I'm wide awake and who knows when I'll get back to sleep? I've spent the last 2 hours playing mindless computer games - you know, the kind you can download from Yahoo or MSN, the little hour trial-type things...excellent time-wasters.


Finally, I decided I ought to be productive, since I'm awake anyway. So I figured I'd do my Thursday Thirteen early...listing all the things I could be doing...but I'm not.
1. Working on Paper Miles, my NaNoWriMo project. I'm several thousand words behind -again - due to work actually being busy this week and once again feeling like crap.
2. Being a good crit partner and actually reading the piece that someone sent me a few weeks ago to look over, and commenting on it. Problem is, it's not at all what she claimed it is, and it's not really to my taste - I read about three pages and was wrinkling my nose up the entire time.
3. Doing dishes so that my roommate and I can actually cook our Thanksgiving dinner.
4. Sorting laundry so that we can do that after dinner, since it's a pretty good bet that no one else is going to be doing laundry on Thanksgiving Day.
5. Working on saving some of the files I had on my laptop before it crashed - I have lots of things uploaded to various places, but haven't gotten around to going back and re-saving them now that my laptop is back up and running.
6. Sorting through the piles of my junk that are sitting in the corner of our living room, throwing out the real junk, filing the paperwork, and finding a place for the rest of it.
7. Sleeping. Because that's always productive, really.
8. Going through my music collection to delete the stuff I don't listen to - ever. It's one thing entirely to skip past songs on my iPod because I'm not in the mood for them at that particular moment, but to have to skip past songs because I have no idea why I have them at all? Not so much.
9. Research for Paper Miles. It's been a long time since I've been to Boston (where the story is set), so I have tons of places in my MS where I've just written something like "name of restaurant/street/club here" and highlighted it so I remember to go back later and find the information to fill it in.
10. Start fussing with graphics to maybe come up with a design scheme for a website. Yeah, looking ahead some, but I tend to do my best creative work at this time of night. I think it's a holdover from years of working overnights and doing all my writing then.
11. Start fussing with graphics to make myself cover art for Paper Miles. Yeah, another thing I'm looking way ahead on, but I love doing things like that. Plus I have a bunch of new fonts and backgrounds that I want to play with. *pets my Paint Shop*
12. Cleaning off my desk. It's small, so there's not much room for a whole lot to be on the surface, especially with my laptop, mouse, and pen organizer, but I have somehow managed to accumulate a stockpile of crap anyway, crap that I'm constantly having to move out of the way of my mouse.
13. Watching some of the videos that a good friend of mine so kindly sent me this past week. I've stalled on this only because I know they'll make me emotional (long story) and I'm avoiding that - since I'm hormonal still from it being *that* time of the month.
Now...I think back to bed, lol. My eyes are starting to get heavy again. Happy Thanksgiving to those of you who celebrate it.
Other Thursday Thirteens:


14 comments:

Kate Willoughby said...

Oh, man. I LOVE downloadable games. I'm so addicted. I'm trying to break the BUILD A LOT habit I developed. I beat the game and then had to try to get a gold star for every level, too. I can't seem to do it for the last three levels. I should just give up. But will I? GRRRR.

Tara S Nichols said...

Bugger abouit the computer crash. Hope everything is ok.
I'm attempting cover art myself we should talk.

Chelsea London said...

Yeah, the crash was a while ago - September - but I'm still recovering stuff and re-organizing everything.

Lanie said...

Ah, there's always thing one 'should' be doing...but it's the holidays--they'll hold for another day, won't they?

Good luck on everything. Happy Holidays!

Regina Avalos said...

Great list. Have a great day! Mine is up.

http://ginasramblings.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Happy Turkey Day! Sorry you have to do laundry. Better you than me LOL Happy T13!

Savannah Chase said...

I had a crash not too long ago, it crashed and burned....baddd...sorry about yours...

Have a Happy Turkey Day.....

Kaige said...

Happy Thanksgiving. I should have done laundry today too, but there's always tomorrow! Good luck with the NaNo Progress!

My TT's up at http://impulsivehearts.wordpress.com.

Shelley Munro said...

I think I'd rather do laundry than the folding up and ironing that comes afterward. Good luck on your things to do list :-)

Heather said...

Why is it the list of things one should be doing is never-ending? Here's hoping you found some time to enjoy the day and do something you wanted to do! Happy Thanksgiving!

Jennifer McKenzie said...

I hope you got a little sleep. It's tough when you're up at ungodly hours and STILL have trouble writing.
Been there.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, I so adore my graphic programs. Have you seen PSP X2?

I have over $3K into my programs for all that I do and I would so love to have more. Then again, what graphic geek wouldn't right?

Chelsea London said...

Haven, no, I haven't seen PSP X2 as yet. I've been using PSP 9 for a year and a half now and I love it. I know exactly how to do the things I need to do and know where all my menu options are - I'm such a creature of habit, lol.

Anonymous said...

Hey, it can all wait. Except maybe the sleeping part. Are you awake again yet?